Saturday, March 25, 2006
Flexcar Updates Their Website FINALLY
At long last Flexcar has updated their tired old website with something really informative, that is clean and fast-loading. And they have a new slogan: the smart way to have a car.
As many of you know, I've always thought that Flexcar's marketing materials were pretty lame, and never understood why upgrading them seemed to be such a low priority for them. This is a major step in the right direction.
Among the highlights of the new Flexcar website for me are:
• Better vehicle location maps (not as slick as Zipcar's but a major improvement; except for denoting car locations with black (!) dots, which aren't interactive)
• Much better presentation of rates including miscellaneous charges
• A new online orientation with short clear explanations of the procedures
• Interactive comparison of cost of ownership (however, the results page took me a little time to decipher)
• Nice member profiles
• A useful pre- qualification survey for new business members.
The other big news from Flexcar is the installation of the Invers in-car technology in its entire fleet. This eliminates the need for members to enter a PIN at the car (a competitive point that Zipcar used against them) as well as preventing the possibility of members from taking the wrong car.
Way to go Flexcar!