Monday, February 21, 2011

Map of World Carsharing

People have asked why I've stopped updating my map of North American carshares.  Basically, it's because there's so much going on that it's hard to keep up.

I'm happy to report that someone has taken up the challenge.  Today I came across this wonderful map produced by Kwatwor in France showing all the "autopartage" companies in the world and noting whether they have electric vehicles in their fleet or not (icons with a little green electric plug). You can zoom in to each area for more detail.  Below the map is a listing by country and name.  They also have maps of bicycle sharing and other transportation services, as well.

As you can see, there's a lot of carsharing going on in the world.

I've put a link to the map on the right.  Thanks, Kwatwor.